Monday, July 19, 2010

Warnings at Waverly Academy review


I really like this one. I've played it like four times already, but I'm not sick of it yet. I don't really know why, but I accept it. :) Anyway, here's my review:

Summary: 8/10
In this one, you have to go to Waverly Academy to find out what's up with all of these mysterious notes and harmful pranks being committed by someone calling herself "The Black Cat". The notes are only happening on the floor where the candidates for valedictorian are living, which makes it even more suspicious. Seeing as though teenage girls have the power to find out everything about you on the internet just by knowing your name, Nancy goes by Becca Sawyer in this one. You get texts, you help people with their homework, and you have to find out who's attempting to get rid of her classmates one by one. The normal high school experience. :)

Characters: 7.5/10
Izzy Romero: Izzy is student body president and the most popular girl at the school. She's known as a bit of a boyfriend stealer by a couple of people, she's ruthless when it comes to getting what she wants, and she's one of those that you have to please. I actually liked her, but I didn't like her actions. She seemed kind of stuck up at times, but at others, she was pretty nice.
Leela Yadev: Jane grown up. And Indian. Literally. Play a game with me! Play a game with me! Sure, I'll do you a favor. But only if you play a game with me! Ugh. She's obsessed with sports, which is kind of annoying, and she's very competitive. I didn't like her very much, but she's better than some of the other characters I've had to deal with.
Corine Myers: Corine is one of those people that lives to please others. Sometimes she takes it to the extreme and acts like a leech, and people don't like her for that. Because of this, she's only got one person who semi likes her. She doesn't really care, though, because the only thing she's concentrating on is being valedictorian of her class.
Mel Corbalis: Mel is a very edgy, gothic, cello playing, opposite of the normal east cost boarding school kind of person. She's at Waverly because every woman in her family before her has gone there and it's a tradition. She doesn't much care though, she's mostly focusing on perfecting her cello skills, writing art history papers, and keeping her grades up to try to be valedictorian.
Rachel Hubbard: Rachel is kind of a weird child. She's "got this bizarre schizoid thing going" according to Leela. There's a point where you go to her room after meeting her once and she seems to not remember you at all. You learn later that she has a good reason. Muahaha... Anyway, she flunked an AP chemistry test and is probably out of the running to be valedictorian anymore, but she keeps her head up and is very focused on writing her papers and getting back up there.

Setting: 6/10
You're kind of stuck in a dormatory hall the entire time. The closest you get to leaving is climbing a tree. Seriously, I don't like the games where you don't get to go anywhere.

Graphics: 9/10
You've gotten better at this, HER. I only detected about 2% of your game to be in karate mode. :)

Snooping: 8/10
You get to do a little bit of snooping here and there, but ultimately, your snooping gets pretty crazy about 75% in. I liked that, but I could use just a liiiitle bit more.

Not a spooky game.

Conclusion: 7.5/10
I liked this game. There were a few things to tweak here and there, but overall it was a success. I think it's at least number 5 on my list, but it could be moved down if a really good one comes along. I was accepted into Waverly according to the website, which is cool. I'll be in Abbott hall, so come visit me. Maybe I'll even get a letter from the Black Cat ;)
♫♪♥JMJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogging a Musician Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez Blogger Templates